Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cooking with Mom

My dear parents have been in Saginaw spending some of these summer weeks with me. It has been wonderful to be with them.

While they are not his hometown Philadelphia Phillies, my father enjoyed the evening we spent at Dow Diamond cheering on our own Great Lakes Loons. We had a nice trip Up North to beautiful Mackinac Island - what a treasure! And my parents love going to Frankenmuth. If they could fit Bronner's Christmas Wonderland in their suitcases, they would probably take it home with them.

Today, they came to work with me to the Diocesan Center so my mother could treat the diocesan staff to some Cistone Family recipes. She even put on a small cooking demonstration in the Center for Ministry dining room. I am not sure who enjoyed themselves more - my parents being entertained by the staff or the staff being entertained by my parents. It was a lot of fun.

My mother shared her recipes for Italian Wedding Cookies (which she is making in the photo below), Filled Cookies, Chocolate Cookies, Ricotti Cookies, Cranberry Mold, and Josephine's Potato Salad, Manicotti for Company and the Italian pasta "Cavetelli."

No comments:

Post a Comment